- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Laura Moody to the Eastern Florida State College District Board of Trustees
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Sonya Rood to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
"My administration is dedicated to supporting opportunities for Floridians in rural communities," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "Investing in infrastructure is a great way to give communities the tools they need to attract new industries and jobs. Each investment we make in Florida's rural communities supports Florida's future."
"Under Governor DeSantis' leadership, DEO is working alongside Gilchrist County leadership to identify meaningful opportunities that benefit Gilchrist County communities, families, and businesses," said Secretary Dane Eagle. "The Department is excited to see the resiliency and economic success these opportunities will bring to Gilchrist County's residents as they continue to invest in their future."
More on The Floridant
- Apyx Medical Corporation to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences in June
- Rising to the Challenge of the Human Experience
- Multi-Billion Dollar Wellness Industry is Fatally Flawed and You're Paying the Price: Here's What You Need to Know
- Jacksonville: Council Vice President Terrance Freeman visit Jaxport for Small Business Appreciation Day
- Jacksonville: Military Affairs and Veterans Department to Host Memorial Day Observance
The following Gilchrist County-specific needs will be funded following the Governor's signing of the 2022-2023 General Appropriations Act:
- ($370,000) – Salary Increase to Local Law Enforcement Agencies in Fiscally Constrained Counties
- ($6,360,666) – SR 26 from Fanning Springs to Trenton Resurfacing
- ($6,395,450) – SR 47 from CR 232 to Columbia County Line Resurfacing
- ($5,483,786) – SR 47 from US 129 to CR 232 Resurfacing
- ($4,720,000) – CR 138 from US 129 to SR 47 Small County Outreach Program
Governor DeSantis also announced his intent to approve a $400 million appropriation supporting Florida's Broadband Opportunity Grant Program and a $30 million appropriation for the state's Rural Infrastructure Fund.
The Broadband Opportunity Grant Program will provide grant funding to expand high-speed internet connection to communities in need of the essential service, addressing historical broadband deficiencies and paving the way for future economic growth.
The Rural Infrastructure Fund, administered by DEO, is used to facilitate the planning, preparation, and financing of infrastructure projects in rural communities. Funded projects encourage job creation, capital investment, and the strengthening and diversification of rural economies.
Latest on The Floridant
- Black Bourbon Society Partners With Jim Beam® for the 2nd Annual Open Door Tour
- IDpack in the Cloud, the official service provider for the 2022 Memorial Cup presented by Kia
- New Cryptocurrency Swap Platform, RadioShack.org, Nears $40 Mil. in Trading Volume
- RealTerm Energy and Ubicquia Help 30 Cities Reduce Streetlight Energy Consumption by 67%
- ASI Launches iMIS.com Product Website, Expands Resources for Associations & Non-Profits
- Suzahdi on eBay Australia in Warm Winter Leather 2022
- Florida: Memorandum: Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of the Victims of the Tragedy in Uvalde, Texas
- Stratum Nutrition® Announces Market Ready Dairy Free BLIS K12® and BLIS M18®
- MC Residential LLC Names Greg Flatt Regional Vice President
- ENERGY33 is awarded an Engineering & Construction Management Contract in Honduras
- Data Center Leader Volico Selects Healthcare Technology Veteran
- ShiftPixy, Inc. Announces Management Changes
- Quality Auto Repair at Unbeatable Discount Prices now at your Reach with Ice Cold Air
- Join us Memorial Day Weekend - Sunday Brunch in Astoria, Queens
- Jacksonville: JFRD Receives 60 Treadmills From Orange Theory Fitness
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Selected to Benefit in the Fresco y Mas Community Bag Program
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- Christy Bradshaw joins Call It Closed International Realty
- High Quality Promotional Products For Your Business
- Neal Fox's Latest Release, "A Message From Shanghai," Drops June 10, 2022 Across Digital Platforms