- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd - 110
- Helios Technologies Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire the Assets of Joyonway to Further Expand Electronic Controls Platform
- FitterPaws Comfort Dog Chews And Treats
The Governor called on the federal government to return to the rule of law and ensure the transfer of criminal aliens to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facilities upon completion of their state prison terms. The Governor insisted that ICE continue to detain these criminals, and if found to be in this country illegally, remove them.
"Florida will not sit by and watch idly as the federal government sets criminal aliens free and abdicates its legal obligation to enforce immigration law," said Governor DeSantis. "That's why I'm calling on President Biden and ICE to take immediate action to detain and remove these dangerous criminal aliens. Too many lives have been lost because immigration officials failed to do their jobs and too many parents have lost children at the hands of criminal aliens who were irresponsibly set free."
More on The Floridant
- Wash Ninja® Voted 2021 Top 5 Bold City Best Car Wash / Detail Services
- New Book "finding Your Company's Spiritual Purpose" Hopes To Encourage Greater Level Of Community Involvement
- Unice Hair Brand Day × Graduation 2021 SUPER Sale!
- Tommy Bohanon Foundation exceeds fundraising goal to support at-risk youth
- New Report Ends Corporate Media's Favorite False Narrative About Florida's Successful COVID-19 Response
Over the next 30 days, the Florida Department of Corrections (FDC) estimates that 50 confirmed or suspected criminal aliens will complete their state prison terms. Over the next 6 months, FDC estimates that number will rise to approximately 200 individuals.
Today, to combat the inaction of the federal government, the Governor sent a letter to FDC Secretary Mark Inch directing him to:
- Identify all Florida inmates with detainer agreements and pursue all legal means available to transfer them to ICE custody upon completion of their Florida prison terms.
- Provide monthly updates to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Office of the Governor on all inmates who have detainers lifted by ICE during the ninety days prior to release date.
- Provide monthly updates to FDLE and the Office of the Governor on all undocumented inmates released at the direction of ICE.
- Notify local law enforcement whenever undocumented individuals may be released in their communities.
- Work with FDLE to cross-check, on a weekly basis, any released criminal aliens against Florida law enforcement's statewide reports of new crimes.
- Work with Florida Sheriffs to facilitate use of the national Law Enforcement Notification System (LENS), which provides local law enforcement with information on criminal aliens released from ICE custody in Florida.
- Submit formal requests to ICE under 8 U.S.C. 1373(c) to confirm the citizenship status of all inmates where citizenship status is inconclusive.
Joining the Governor at today's announcement were Kiyan and Bobby Michael, and Jamiel Shaw – Angel Parents of children slain by criminal illegal aliens. Kiyan and Bobby Michael's son Brandon, died in 2007 when he was struck by an illegal immigrant who had twice been deported and was driving without a license or registration. Jamiel Shaw lost his 17-year-old son, Jamiel Shaw II, when he was killed by a criminal illegal alien and known gang member. Jamiel's murderer had been released from jail just two days before the shooting.
More on The Floridant
- Following CDC Guidance, Face Coverings Made Optional for Fully Vaccinated Individuals Inside Publix Stores
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Matthew Bruno as Chair and Chereen Coile to the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe Board of Directors
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Florida Communities Trust Governing Board
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Two to the Suwannee River Water Management District Governing Board
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Three to the Northwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board
Latest on The Floridant
- New Technology of TRT At Freeze Play Chiropractic & Cyro Servicing Estero & Ft Meyers Florida
- New from Down & Out Books: WANNABE by M. Wallace Herron
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction Between Harryco LLC and Silverbridge Capital
- SW Regional Manufacturers Association announces summer event series
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- Attorney Bruce L. Scheiner celebrates 50 years of practicing law and service in Southwest Florida
- CareTime Launches Integrated Payments Solution
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Hudson Grove, a New-Home Community in North Jacksonville, Priced from the $270,000s
- Activist/Ganjapreneur Ed "NJWeedman" Forchion Promotes "Puff & Paint" Cannabis Creativity
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Hispanic Women Leaders and We The Women Movement join forces to bring back EMPRESARIAS 2021
- Lake Nona Social relaunches women's events with Sip & Flamingle
- Professional Women of Flagler County to Host Event May 19 at Moonrise Brewing
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Robbins LLP Announces That PureCycle Technologies, Inc. (PCT) is Being Sued for Misleading Shareholders
- Legacy Trust Counsel Announces Family Emergency & Wealth Legal Planning Free Workshop
- Florida: Governor DeSantis Signs Bill Allowing To-Go Sales of Alcoholic Beverages by Restaurants
- Register for the Make Profits Again Summit May 19th - 22nd
- Travel + Leisure Co. Declares Cash Dividend
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. Announces Upcoming Virtual Conference Participation
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Regatta Real Estate Management Inc & Fyve