On May 23, 2019, Governor DeSantis signed Senate Bill 1024 into law, establishing Florida's Blockchain Task Force within the Florida Department of Financial Services. The Blockchain Task Force will study if and how Florida's state, county and municipal governments can benefit from a transition to blockchain-based systems for recordkeeping, data security, financial transactions and service delivery and identify ways blockchain technology can be used to improve government interaction with businesses and the public.
More on The Floridant
- Local Plant Festival celebrates 25 years
- Dress for Success SW Florida announces sponsors for 2019 Shop for Success
- SWFL Children's Charities announces theme, co-chairs for 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest
- Ana Puszkin-Chevlin, Ph.D. chosen to direct climate solutions in Southwest Florida
- Junior Achievement announces sponsors for 2019 Business Hall of Fame, Collier County
Lawson, of Tallahassee, serves as the Secretary for the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). Previously, he served as President and CEO of VISIT Florida and Secretary of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Lawson earned his juris doctorate from Florida State University College of Law.
Satter, of North Palm Beach, is the Secretary of the Florida Department of Management Services (DMS). He previously worked as the Principal and Managing Director of U.S. Operations for Avison Young, a commercial real estate services firm. Satter received his master's in business administration from Nova Southeastern University.
Terry L. Rhodes
Rhodes, of Tallahassee, serves as executive director of the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department (FLHSMV). FLHSMV has implemented enhanced modifications to Florida driver licenses and identification cards to provide Floridians with the highest level of security. To date, the FLHSMV has issued more than 17.1 million driver licenses and more than 21.4 million vehicle registrations.
Latest on The Floridant
- Lucd and Edge Technology Group Enterprise AI Agreement
- SecureEPLS Broadens Service with Additional Exclusion Lists
- Tampa: Lane Closures on Hanley Road Between West Waters Avenue and Winging Way Drive
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
- Toni Vanschoyck bringing concepts behind her book to life in four cities
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Tony Award®-nominated Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof is experiencing a cast change
- CX Orlando Named MSPA Elite Firm for 2020
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Meets with Financial and Aviation Industry Leaders in New York
- 'WE WILL ROCK YOU' Rock Musical Experience Takes Stage at Duke Energy Center for the Arts
- Brown & Brown Insurance's Charity Golf Outing raises record amount to benefit Child Care of SWFL
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven projects on Pine Island and in Venice
- Gulf Coast PRSA honors public relations pros
- Cypress Pharmacy's Nov. 9 Seminar Saturday to highlight the benefits of self-care
- Stevens Construction begins Viscaya-Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- Harden Expands South Florida Office, Adding Corey Mershon
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location