On May 23, 2019, Governor DeSantis signed Senate Bill 1024 into law, establishing Florida's Blockchain Task Force within the Florida Department of Financial Services. The Blockchain Task Force will study if and how Florida's state, county and municipal governments can benefit from a transition to blockchain-based systems for recordkeeping, data security, financial transactions and service delivery and identify ways blockchain technology can be used to improve government interaction with businesses and the public.
More on The Floridant
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- The Wheel at ICON Park to open June 3
- Community Foundation of Tampa Bay receives $500,000 commitment from The Humana Foundation
- Post-Pandemic Dental Visits Get Safer as Dr. Mitchell Josephs Pioneers Use of Extra-Oral Suction Technology in His Palm Beach Office
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
Lawson, of Tallahassee, serves as the Secretary for the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). Previously, he served as President and CEO of VISIT Florida and Secretary of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Lawson earned his juris doctorate from Florida State University College of Law.
Satter, of North Palm Beach, is the Secretary of the Florida Department of Management Services (DMS). He previously worked as the Principal and Managing Director of U.S. Operations for Avison Young, a commercial real estate services firm. Satter received his master's in business administration from Nova Southeastern University.
Terry L. Rhodes
Rhodes, of Tallahassee, serves as executive director of the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department (FLHSMV). FLHSMV has implemented enhanced modifications to Florida driver licenses and identification cards to provide Floridians with the highest level of security. To date, the FLHSMV has issued more than 17.1 million driver licenses and more than 21.4 million vehicle registrations.
Latest on The Floridant
- MSPA Americas Selects Buena Vista Events & Management
- Jacksonville: Elected Officials Make Unified Statements
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Data integration specialist Vorro offers free access to platform and consulting for one month
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Intern Pursuit Game Approved By Steam
- Concept Companies Completes Largest Commercial Real Estate Sale in Alachua County Since 2015
- Scientology Info Center Hosts Stay Well Concert Watch Party
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Partnership with Home Depot and Publix to Open Six COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Encourages Floridians to Prepare for Hurricane Season by Taking Advantage of Sales Tax Holiday
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Ohana Moments, The Premier Hand Crafted, Long Lasting Rose Shop Launches New Collection
- Jacksonville Children's Chorus Changing Address, But Not Mission
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- Office Anything Continuing To Provide Necessary Furniture For Businesses
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- M.O.M continues their six year mission to assist struggling families in Tampa Bay
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- FGBC Certifies UF's Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium 'Florida Green'