"I'm pleased to appoint Shevaun Harris to this acting role as we continue our search for a permanent AHCA Secretary," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "Shevaun has over a decade's worth of experience at AHCA and has held several leadership positions within the agency. Notably, Shevaun was lead negotiator for the largest managed care contract in the state's history and most recently has been the agency's lead on implementation of the Canadian Prescription Drug Importation Program."
"Thank you, Governor DeSantis, for this opportunity to serve your administration and the people of Florida," said Acting AHCA Secretary Shevaun Harris. "I look forward to supporting the Agency's continued mission to achieve better health care outcomes for all Floridians."
More on The Floridant
- Chico's FAS Accelerates its Digital Transformation
- Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville and PNC Foundation Join Forces to Support New Jax Arts Project
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Diaz Trade Law Welcomes New Attorney Sharath Patil
- SWFL teachers hone skills at early childhood education conference
Shevaun Harris, MBA, MSW
Acting Secretary, Agency for Health Care Administration
Harris has served as AHCA's Assistant Deputy Secretary for Medicaid Policy & Quality since February 2017. In this role, she is responsible for overseeing the bureaus of Medicaid Policy and Medicaid Quality, which includes over 110 employees. Harris has been responsible for directing the development of comprehensive Medicaid strategic and program plans to efficiently and effectively carry out the Agency goals and objectives, including serving as the lead to implement the administration's Canadian Prescription Drug Importation Program.
Harris has served at AHCA for over a decade and has previously held the positions of Bureau Chief, Medicaid Policy and AHCA Administrator. In addition to her work at AHCA, she has served as an Adjunct Professor at Florida State University and a Case Manager at Big Bend Cares serving vulnerable Floridians.
Harris holds a Master of Business Administration from Quinnipiac University, a Master of Social Work from Florida State University and received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Minor in Business for Florida State University.
Latest on The Floridant
- BookAuthority Recognizes Deducting The Right Way in Best Book Recommendations
- 230,000 GTE Financial Members to Benefit From New Mobile App
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis and First Lady Casey DeSantis Announce $5 Million Awarded from the U.S. Department of Labor to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Asphalt Shingle Shortage Will Delay Storm Damage Repairs
- Jacksonville: Mayor Extending Mask Requirement for 30 Days
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida nets $38,000 at RedSnook Catch & Release Charity Fishing Tournament
- Independent Living Systems Delivers Over 10 Million Meals Nationwide During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up
- Silver Airways to Launch Service From Jacksonville International
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- Florida: First Lady Casey DeSantis Announces Partnership with T-Mobile Project 10Million to Provide Students Free Internet Access
- JJ Taylor Companies Taps Enzo Unified to Provide Data Management and Integration Platform
- First Lady Casey DeSantis Announces Nearly 1,000 Devices for Children in Foster Care in Florida
- Enjoy an Extended Stay in the Florida Keys with KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals' 'Free Nights' Special Offer
- Lee BIA Builders Care to host fourth annual Charity Clay Shoot on Dec. 4
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- InHealth MD Alliance Unveils Patient-Centered Advertising Campaign English USA - español
- Sunshine Ace Hardware now carries Benjamin Moore's 2021 Color of the Year, Aegean Teal
- Join FPRA Southwest Florida Chapter for Non-Profit Day: The Art of Distanced Storytelling