- eMoney Advisor Veterans Start Firm to Help Fintech CEOs Jump Start Growth
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis' State of the State Address
- League of Women Voters PBC Endorses Life-Saving EMERGENCY INFO PLAN
"LIP funding provides critical support to Florida health care providers that serve our most vulnerable," said Governor DeSantis. "Continuing this essential program means Floridians will have access to quality health care when they need it."
"Under Governor DeSantis' leadership, Florida continues to make great strides in providing meaningful health outcomes and support our frontline providers," said Acting Secretary Shevaun Harris. "We appreciate the federal government recognizing the significance of our LIP program and providing us with the necessary funding to ensure the stability of the program for individuals and families."
More on The Floridant
- Agency Owner, Speaker, Master Coach and Author, Peter Blount, Hits Amazon Best-Se
- Eggscape the ordinary with Norman Love Confections' 2021 Easter Collection
- Business lawyer David Steinfeld chosen by Avvo as Top Rated Lawyer for 2021
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Highlights Efforts to Vaccinate Seniors in Partnership with Faith-Based Community
- Florida: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Additional COVID-19 Vaccination Site in Marion County
"We are thrilled that Governor DeSantis was able to obtain this critical extension from the federal government. In particular, the waiver extension he and his team have obtained will preserve and extend Florida's critical Low-Income Pool, which supports hospitals as they provide essential care to low income, uninsured Floridians. Our hospitals provide almost half of the total hospital charity care in Florida each year, and we rely on the Low-Income Pool to help support this care. As our hospitals work closely with Governor DeSantis in the fight against COVID, this LIP extension will help ensure that Floridians receive world class care regardless of their finances," said Justin Senior, President of Safety Net Hospital Alliance of Florida.
The renewed waiver will ensure stability of the LIP program for safety net providers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and provide the state time to test innovative pilots that will help the state meet its goals of providing better health outcomes for Floridians. These goals include allowing for greater opportunities to align payment sources flowing to providers participating in the Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) program that promote better health outcomes, incentivize providers to engage consumers actively in their health care, and ensure access to appropriate and timely care in the least costly setting. This program also provides the state with the stability in the authorities that govern the operation of the MMA program and the other supplemental payment programs for a longer period than is currently authorized.
More on The Floridant
- Managing Financial Risk is the topic for Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association's Mar. 17th
- Cory's Affordable Computers Schedules Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening March 18, 2021
- Nadula Hair Super Member's Day-Unbelievable Lower Price
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of PEP Travel Group and Waldron McCritty, CEO of BE LUX, Alumni of ASCEND 2020, form teaming alliance to promote Luxury Hospitality
- D'Artagnan's Annual Cassoulet War Goes Online for Its Seventh Year
For more information about the LIP program,visit:https://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/Finance/finance/LIP-DSH/LIP/index.shtml.
To view the CMS Waiver, visit:https://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Information/By-Topics/Waivers/1115/downloads/fl/fl-mma-ca.pdf.
Latest on The Floridant
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- Students in Clearwater Learn their Human Rights and How to Advocate for Them
- Sponsors announced for virtual Market Trends 2021 on March 9
- ACS Lawyer In Brooklyn Announces Dismissal of OCFS Case
- Liquid Core® Gum Company announces TDA Boulder Creative Director Jonathan Schoenberg has joined its Advisory Board
- myLAB Box Launches 16 New At-Home Tests, Offering Comprehensive Health Monitoring from the Comfort of Home
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Presents Free Downsizing Webinar on March 27
- Zilker Partners Acquires Growth Digital, Forming One-of-a-Kind Firm
- Jabil Healthcare Signs Strategic Collaboration Agreement with E3D, Expanding Pharmaceutical Market Offering
- California Boating Supply Company Danik Hook Launches New Product for 2021
- Trust MD Corp & Simplicity Group launch an educational in the US for Spanish speaking financiers
- Celina Nogueras Launches Season Four of Jefas y Jevas
- Curvy Me! Magazine - Women's Lifestyle Magazine Launch Issue
- Whose Dreams Of Hell Are More Interesting, Politicians Or Popes?
- Tech Startup Mokusei Intelligence Announces the '$500 Press Challenge'
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Mizner Country Club Breaks Ground With First Female Executive Chef
- Awareness: Whispers From Nature — Book Launch
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO
- Holladay Properties to provide services for new medical office development at Orange Park Medical Center