The industry with the highest growth over the year in the Pensacola area was financial activities with 700 new jobs. In August, the Pensacola area had 6,627 job openings and of those, 1,770 were for high-skill, high-wage STEM jobs.
Statewide, Florida businesses created 18,900 new private-sector jobs in August 2019. Florida's annual private-sector job growth rate of 2.8 percent continues to exceed the nation's rate of 1.6 percent. Florida's unemployment rate of 3.3 percent represents a drop of 0.1 percentage point over the year. This is while 143,000 people entered Florida's labor force, a growth of 1.4 percent in the past year.
More on The Floridant
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- The Wheel at ICON Park to open June 3
- Community Foundation of Tampa Bay receives $500,000 commitment from The Humana Foundation
- Post-Pandemic Dental Visits Get Safer as Dr. Mitchell Josephs Pioneers Use of Extra-Oral Suction Technology in His Palm Beach Office
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
To view the August 2019 employment data, visit www.floridajobs.org/labor-market-information/labor-market-information-press-releases/monthly-press-releases.
Latest on The Floridant
- MSPA Americas Selects Buena Vista Events & Management
- Jacksonville: Elected Officials Make Unified Statements
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia
- Data integration specialist Vorro offers free access to platform and consulting for one month
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Intern Pursuit Game Approved By Steam
- Concept Companies Completes Largest Commercial Real Estate Sale in Alachua County Since 2015
- Scientology Info Center Hosts Stay Well Concert Watch Party
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Partnership with Home Depot and Publix to Open Six COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Encourages Floridians to Prepare for Hurricane Season by Taking Advantage of Sales Tax Holiday
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Ohana Moments, The Premier Hand Crafted, Long Lasting Rose Shop Launches New Collection
- Jacksonville Children's Chorus Changing Address, But Not Mission
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- Office Anything Continuing To Provide Necessary Furniture For Businesses
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- M.O.M continues their six year mission to assist struggling families in Tampa Bay
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- FGBC Certifies UF's Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium 'Florida Green'