"Accessible COVID-19 testing statewide has been a top priority of my administration during the state's response to COVID-19," said Governor DeSantis. "Our private-sector partners have been a vital component of the state's COVID-19 response. We know how important it is to ensure every Floridian has the opportunity to be tested for COVID-19 and I'm looking forward to working with Home Depot and Publix as we expand this availability even further."
More on The Floridant
- Thirty Years after His Break-in to Reagan's Home on July 4th of 1990 Gregory GOrDon Proves He is GOD
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- RVA Podcast Moves to Friday Beginning July 3
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Spencer Hennings as Florida's Condominium Ombudsman
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Daniel Hodges to the Clay County Utility Authority
"While we've expanded testing exponentially over the past few weeks, we've found that we needed to make testing more convenient," said FDEM Director Jared Moskowitz. "This is yet another example of how we've been able to lead nationally on making testing available and accessible. Our private sector partners have been tremendous throughout this response, and I want to thank Home Depot, Publix and Quest for stepping up to make these sites a reality."
The state is working with Home Depot and Publix to determine the best locations for the rest of the testing sites. These testing sites will begin as a pilot program, with the possibility of future expansion.
Under the direction of Governor DeSantis, the state has established more than 15 drive-thru and 15 walk-up testing sites across the state. To date, more than 210,000 individuals have been tested at these sites. Floridians can find a site near them here.
Latest on The Floridant
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Makes Five Judges of Compensation Claims Appointments
- Sweet Melissa's Café Wins Wine Spectator 2020 Award of Excellence
- Advanced Disposal Sets Date For Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release
- Law Offices of Charles G. Eichinger & Associates, P.C. Open and Ready to Help
- Jacksonville: City Offices and Facilities Closed for Fourth of July
- Torres Law Joins Alliott Group, The World's Sixth-Largest Multidisciplinary Alliance Of Professional Services Firms
- Art Persists: Barebrush July 2020 Calendar Images
- Senseeker Establishes In-House Wafer Testing Capability
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client Jamie Donnelly on CFO of the Year Award
- Unicorn Children's Foundation to host 7 Day Heads or Tails Challenge ft Cedric the Entertainer
- Start a Chat with Your Phone's Camera
- Medicare No Cost Advantage and Supplement Reviews – MedicareInfoUSA
- Assuage Luxury Spa Offers "Heroes in Healthcare" Special Package in July
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- MobileHelp® Introduces MDLIVE Telehealth Service for Customers
- Advanced Aesthetic Solutions to host Cosmos & Kisses July 6
- Braeden Lichti - What's the Outlook for Biopharma in 2020?
- Keys Pointe Community Offers the Best in Townhome, Villa Living
- PostPact Completes Acquisition of LBMG Marketing Starting the Transition into Full Social Media Mana