- Qwesty Plans to Eliminate Broker Commissions from Real Estate Transactions
- Crescent Joins NetSuite Alliance Partner Program
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Signs One Bill
"Helping communities fully rebuild after disaster and become more resilient in the face of future storms is a top priority for my administration," said Governor DeSantis. "I am proud to announce this $50 million loan program to help local governments bridge the gap between the time they were impacted by hurricanes Ian and Nicole and when they can access federal relief or recover their revenues."
Senate President Kathleen Passidomo expressed her appreciation for the program, noting its importance to several local communities in Southwest Florida that were affected by Hurricane Ian. "This great program is modeled after the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program," she said. "Loans are provided interest-free and will help our communities continue their operations. Several communities, including Ft. Myers Beach, brought their concerns to our attention, and under the steadfast leadership of Governor DeSantis, we took quick action to help our communities make it through this challenging time."
More on The Floridant
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
- "Overdosing" America's Youth: The Dangerous Trend in Antidepressant Prescribing
- Cadre Holdings Completes Acquisition of Alpha Safety
- Reverse Mortgages in Sarasota, Florida: Florida's Best Reverse Mortgage Company Opens New Office in Sarasota
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
Department of Economic Opportunity Acting Secretary Meredith Ivey also praised Governor DeSantis' leadership in providing much needed relief for affected communities while they await long-term funds. "I am proud that Governor DeSantis has entrusted DEO with administering this program, and we encourage eligible local governments to apply for this loan to aid in their recovery efforts," she said.
The one-time $50 million appropriation will fund governmental operations within eligible Florida counties and municipalities and bridge the gap between the time of the hurricane and when additional funding sources or revenues are secured. Eligible applicants must demonstrate that they may suffer or have suffered substantial loss of tax or other revenues as a result of a hurricane and establish a need for financial assistance in order to be eligible for a loan from this program.
DEO is accepting applications on a rolling basis until available funds are exhausted, with an informational webinar scheduled on Thursday March 9th from 11am-12pm Eastern Time where applicants can ask questions of subject matter experts about how to apply for a loan from this program. Eligible applicants are encouraged to use a checklist provided by DEO when submitting required documentation via email at LocalGovernmentBridge@DEO.MyFlorida.com For more information about the Local Government Emergency Bridge Loan Program visit www.FloridaJobs.org/LocalGovernmentBridge
Latest on The Floridant
- Ready for a Finger-Licking Good Time?
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- New Book Empowers Influencers and Journalists to Help Their Readers and Followers
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS At The Ben to Host Talk with Music about WPB's Legendary Sunset Lounge, April 1
- Larry Robbins and Longwood Hockey Acquire Palm Beach Ice Works and Palm Beach Breakers from Philanthropist Lori Alf USA - English USA - English
- Overseas Shipholding Group to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results on March 11, 2024
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Vetoes Two Bills
- Lee BIA Builders Care, Stevens Construction partner to rebuild home for Fort Myers family in need
- Better Together announces Nationwide Days of Second Chances on April 16 and 18
- Snowbird Technologies Hosts First Coast Manufacturers Association
- Upper FL Keys Spring Time Activities For The Whole Family
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Top Spring Time Must See & Do, Visiting Islamorada Key, FL
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Captiva Cruises to host wine tasting sunset cruises aboard the Lady Chadwick
- Invisors Ranks No. 3 on South Florida Business Journal's 2024 Best Places to Work
- 24 HOUR NOTARY, All Coconut Creek, Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, Pompano Beach, & Boca Raton
- Astrana Health, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Problem Solving Champions Compete for International Title