- Florida Southern College To Host Virtual 12th Annual Dr. John L. Spencer Symposium
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards $10 Million to Sarasota for Community Storm Resiliency and Mitigation
"My administration is dedicated to supporting projects that improve infrastructure, increase hurricane preparedness and elevate our rural communities," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "This investment in Lake Butler will benefit the entire community's residents, businesses and surrounding natural resources."
The program, administered by DEO, allows local governments to develop large-scale infrastructure projects to make communities more resilient to future disasters. In the City of Lake Butler, this multi-year and multi-phased wastewater collection system repair and replacement will improve and harden a master pump station, wastewater force main and provide emergency generators for six pump stations.
More on The Floridant
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Coke Florida to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for Inaugural Jim Thorpe Golf Invitational Hosted by United Golfers Association
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
"Making investments in Florida's infrastructure helps prepare communities like Lake Butler for unpredictable disasters," said Secretary Dane Eagle of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO). "I am proud to stand with Governor DeSantis as he continues to ensure a resilient future for our state and future generations."
The proposed improvements to these critical facilities will help ensure that the sanitary sewer collection system and pumping system remain fully operational during severe weather events, natural disasters and prevent future wastewater spills. Roughly 1,785 residents of Lake Butler will benefit from these projects.
Rebuild Florida uses federal funding for Florida's long-term recovery efforts from the devastating impacts of natural disasters. The Department is the Governor-designated state authority responsible for administering all U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) long-term recovery funds awarded to the state. For more information, visit RebuildFlorida.gov.
Latest on The Floridant
- Culinary And Cannabis Presents The CannaSpa Celebrity Gifting Lounge In Honor of Super Bowl LVI
- Airspan Networks Adds New President and COO, Glenn Laxdal to Execute Growth Strategy and Scale Business
- Harvard Medical Student Discovers 1 Secret Mineral That Helps You Lose 52 lbs In 28 Days
- Integrity Employee Leasing establishes Integrity Charitable Foundation
- Sandy Strickler Earns RE/MAX Hall of Fame Award
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Museum of Illusions Orlando offers special just in time for Valentine's Day
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Achieves Record $1.87 Billion Sales Volume
- Greasezilla® Experiences Demand Surge Amid Global Urgency to Mitigate Landfilling and Generate Renewable Energy Alternatives
- Viking Mergers & Acquisitions Announces the Sale and Acquisition of F4 Customs, INC
- Three Ways Healthcare is Changing in 2022
- fyxify to Showcase it's SMART Home Service Solutions at the AHR Expo 2022 Las Vegas, NV 1/31 - 2/3
- Greg Anderson appointed executive director of Gulf Coast Village
- Introducing Centralized Record Management for Dealerships
- Orlando Magic Fans Revel In Double Dose Of 360 Hoops At Home Game Against Chicago
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Romanians and Hungarians by C. Sassu, now available from Histria Books
- Cresco Labs Expands Sunnyside in Florida's Gulf Coast With New Clearwater Dispensary
- Eagle Eye selected by US food retailer, Giant Eagle, to support loyalty and personalisation transformation