- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Laura Moody to the Eastern Florida State College District Board of Trustees
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Sonya Rood to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
"I'm proud of Governor DeSantis' proposed historic $100 million investment to fight cancer in Florida — this funding will enhance the quality and competitiveness of cancer treatment across the state," said First Lady Casey DeSantis. "Florida's top-rated cancer institutions, such as Nemours Specialty Care Clinic, take a patient-centered, quality care approach, as demonstrated by Ms. Craver. She is well-deserving of today's recognition for her more than twenty-five years of bringing joy to kids undergoing treatment."
More on The Floridant
- Apyx Medical Corporation to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences in June
- Rising to the Challenge of the Human Experience
- Multi-Billion Dollar Wellness Industry is Fatally Flawed and You're Paying the Price: Here's What You Need to Know
- Jacksonville: Council Vice President Terrance Freeman visit Jaxport for Small Business Appreciation Day
- Jacksonville: Military Affairs and Veterans Department to Host Memorial Day Observance
"Like so many Floridians, Governor and First Lady DeSantis have been personally impacted by cancer and have shown resilience in battling the disease," said Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Simone Marstiller. "The Governor's proposed budget bolsters the state's commitment to cancer research which will lead to new cures and better outcomes for Florida families. With the Governor's goal as our polestar and building on his efforts, the Agency is working with the Florida Legislature to give Floridians enrolled in Medicaid greater access to comprehensive cancer treatment."
Since 2014, cancer has been the second leading cause of death in the state of Florida, behind heart disease. In 2021, the American Cancer Society estimates there have been over 47,000 deaths attributed to cancer in Florida. Florida also has the second highest cancer burden in the United States.
More on The Floridant
- Up and coming POP / R&B Girl Group Releases New Music Video
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Curso de Credito Miami as a new platinum member
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Amped Fitness as a new platinum member
- Cybersecurity-Focused SYN Ventures Closes $300 Million Fund II
- Industrial IoT edge is now creating savings and opening the door to new revenue sources for enterprises
The proposed $100 million will be used to forward cancer care and research at three cancer institutes in Florida — Moffitt Cancer Center, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, and University of Florida Health Cancer Center through the Florida Consortium of National Cancer Institute (NCI) Centers Program, which benefits cancer patients throughout all of Florida.
Over the last three years, the Consortium has provided treatment to more than 67,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients, educated nearly 32,000 current and future clinicians and scientists on the latest advancements for cancer diagnosis and treatments, and shared research findings through 75 distinct collaborative publications. Florida also provides funding for additional initiatives that support pediatric cancer research, and grants that support cancer research at other institutes that are not NCI designated.
Latest on The Floridant
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Selected to Benefit in the Fresco y Mas Community Bag Program
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque with Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 36th Tribute to Mayors
- Christy Bradshaw joins Call It Closed International Realty
- High Quality Promotional Products For Your Business
- Neal Fox's Latest Release, "A Message From Shanghai," Drops June 10, 2022 Across Digital Platforms
- Katapult Events Readies For New Era Of Elite Direct Sales Events
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes RodWraps as a platinum member
- Richmond American Homes opens new Showhomes at TrailMark
- Jacksonville: Council Member Gaffney Sponsors Legislation for Women's Healthcare Rights Bill
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez and Florida Highway Patrol Host Roundtable to Highlight Human Trafficking and Drug Trafficking Prevention Efforts
- iQor Presents at NICE Interactions Live 2022 Event
- Procurement Partners Welcomes Troy Thibodeau as Chief Marketing Officer
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Nearly $9 Million for Infrastructure and Economic Development for Gadsden County Communities
- Industrial and systems engineers honored at international conference
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes back Barlop Business Systems as a Trustee
- 54% OFF! Graduation Season Wigs Surprise Sale!!
- Iconic Full-Service South Florida IT Company Continues Rapid Expansion with Notable Acquisition
- Insurance Website Leader, Forge3, Ltd., Releases All-New Platform Interface, ActiveAgency Dashboard
- Stratum Nutrition® Extends Its Patent Portfolio to Europe and Canada
- St. George's School receives gift of $15 million — largest single donation in its history