- How to Choose the Best Bamboo Cheese Board for Your Kitchen
- PulteGroup announces new community in North Jacksonville, Wingate Landing
- DCOTA Hosts Design Professionals & Industry Insiders at the SUMMER REFRESH MARKET
"First responders impact the lives of Floridians every day and they deserve our support," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "In Florida, we realize that on top of financial support, our first responders need to have resources available to support their mental health. We will continue to make investments in our first responders that will make lasting impacts."
"Our first responders have made it their life's work to put the needs of others before their own," said First Lady Casey DeSantis. "It is vital that we provide them with resiliency and mental health resources to continue serving our communities. By expanding these services, we can help to create a strong network of support for our first responders."
"Prevention and early intervention are the cornerstones of our Department's efforts in working to align our systems to provide needed supports to first responders and their families at our first moment of impact," said DCF Secretary Shevaun Harris. "We are thankful for our partners across the state who respond with urgency to their clients' needs, and by further building out and establishing a permanency in resources for mental health services for first responders we know that the Department will be able to more effectively and efficiently meet the needs of those who give their all to keep our state safe."
More on The Floridant
- The Pelican Café to Celebrate Publication of 'The Contemporary Singer's Blueprint' by Jill Switzer o
- Fusion Growth Partners Named one of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies in the 2022 Inc. 5000
- Chemours Begins Commissioning at Its Newest Sand Mine in Clay County, Florida
- Woodfield Fine Art Gallery Hosts Open Art Forum at the Poynter
- Contracting Resources Group, Inc. Named on Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for Fifth Year
The $12 million in funding will go to providers in all six DCF regions and will be used to create or expand existing local peer-based services. These services will help to connect first responders and their families with peers who are trained in offering information and supportive counseling.
The funding is in addition to the many resources that Governor and First Lady DeSantis have prioritized the past three years. Those initiatives have included:
- The launch of the Hope for Healing initiative and the expansion of the Hope For Healing website to make it easier to access help for mental health and substance abuse.
- Hope Florida – A Pathway to Prosperity which utilizes 'Care Navigators' to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity.
- $5 million to provide crisis counseling services through Florida's network of 2-1-1 crisis helplines.
- Providing $120 million for district Mental Health Assistance programs
- The launch of SurfsideStrength.com in order to support survivors, families and first responders of the Surfside tragedy to receive much needed emotional support.
In addition to expanding peer-to-peer services, DCF has launched the First Responder Resiliency resource page on the DCF website. The page provides first responders with available mental health resources that they can call or access at any time. The page is also where organizations can access the application to apply for available funding.
More on The Floridant
- Former Marine Sargent Michael J. Rotch Launches Life Coaching Program, Helping People Find Their Voice
- Climate Justice Advocate, Felicia Davis, Statement on the Inflation Reduction Act
- DLP Capital Named to Inc. 5000 "Fastest Growing Private Companies" for 10th Consecutive Year
- Update on I-5 Project, Black Prime Contractor Raimore Construction
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Three New Initiatives to Elevate Teachers and Students' Learning
For more information about today's announcement, click here.
Latest on The Floridant
- Summit Report Released: Keeping Schools Open in 2022 and Beyond
- Jacksonville: ACPS Announces Appointment-Based Approach for Animal Intake
- Cross Country Healthcare to Attend The 15th Annual Barrington Research Virtual Fall Conference
- More Money for you to help reduce Carbon Pollution, Inflation Reduction Act - ECOFuelMax
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices FNR Donates Backpacks and School Supplies to Local Students
- Bold New Book, If Only We Knew, Offers A Framework To Understand And Solve Today's Social Issues
- Living Waters Inc to Host the "2022 Mental Health Summit"
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber celebrates community excellence at inaugural Chamber Awards
- Moss Foundation 17th Annual Back to School Drive Raises $117K
- Seneca at Oak Creek by Sage Communities now accepting reservations
- Wood Underwear® FW22 Introduces New Styles in Lounge
- New from Down & Out Books: SNAKE SLAYER by Rob Pierce
- Family Initiative hires Rachel Fecteau as community engagement specialist
- Diaz Trade Law Welcomes New Managing Attorney Mrs. Coraly Schreiber
- Diversified Maintenance Announces Acquisition of Pennsylvania Based Millers Cleaning Services
- Loxperts Inc. launches the first-ever on-demand freelancer marketplace dedicated to localization experts
- Terran Orbital Wins Mission of the Year for CAPSTONE Spacecraft
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present JOHNNY MATHIS: The Voice of Romance Tour on March 23
- Now available on Amazon Kindle: New book "The Final Days of Doggerland" by Mike Meier
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present NEWSBOYS: Stand Together Tour on October 13