- Florida Southern College To Host Virtual 12th Annual Dr. John L. Spencer Symposium
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards $10 Million to Sarasota for Community Storm Resiliency and Mitigation
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
"First responders impact the lives of Floridians every day and they deserve our support," said Governor Ron DeSantis. "In Florida, we realize that on top of financial support, our first responders need to have resources available to support their mental health. We will continue to make investments in our first responders that will make lasting impacts."
"Our first responders have made it their life's work to put the needs of others before their own," said First Lady Casey DeSantis. "It is vital that we provide them with resiliency and mental health resources to continue serving our communities. By expanding these services, we can help to create a strong network of support for our first responders."
"Prevention and early intervention are the cornerstones of our Department's efforts in working to align our systems to provide needed supports to first responders and their families at our first moment of impact," said DCF Secretary Shevaun Harris. "We are thankful for our partners across the state who respond with urgency to their clients' needs, and by further building out and establishing a permanency in resources for mental health services for first responders we know that the Department will be able to more effectively and efficiently meet the needs of those who give their all to keep our state safe."
More on The Floridant
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Coke Florida to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for Inaugural Jim Thorpe Golf Invitational Hosted by United Golfers Association
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
The $12 million in funding will go to providers in all six DCF regions and will be used to create or expand existing local peer-based services. These services will help to connect first responders and their families with peers who are trained in offering information and supportive counseling.
The funding is in addition to the many resources that Governor and First Lady DeSantis have prioritized the past three years. Those initiatives have included:
- The launch of the Hope for Healing initiative and the expansion of the Hope For Healing website to make it easier to access help for mental health and substance abuse.
- Hope Florida – A Pathway to Prosperity which utilizes 'Care Navigators' to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity.
- $5 million to provide crisis counseling services through Florida's network of 2-1-1 crisis helplines.
- Providing $120 million for district Mental Health Assistance programs
- The launch of SurfsideStrength.com in order to support survivors, families and first responders of the Surfside tragedy to receive much needed emotional support.
In addition to expanding peer-to-peer services, DCF has launched the First Responder Resiliency resource page on the DCF website. The page provides first responders with available mental health resources that they can call or access at any time. The page is also where organizations can access the application to apply for available funding.
More on The Floridant
- Arrow Rehab Welcomes Dianna Pucci to St. Augustine Office
- Statement from Majestic Steel
- J-Rob Releases His Music Video, "God's Got Me ft. LeeLee"
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- James Stephens Elementary offering personal tours on Feb. 9
For more information about today's announcement, click here.
Latest on The Floridant
- Orlando Magic Fans Revel In Double Dose Of 360 Hoops At Home Game Against Chicago
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Romanians and Hungarians by C. Sassu, now available from Histria Books
- Cresco Labs Expands Sunnyside in Florida's Gulf Coast With New Clearwater Dispensary
- Eagle Eye selected by US food retailer, Giant Eagle, to support loyalty and personalisation transformation
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Global Paytech Ventures invests in PeachPay's Superior One-Click Checkout for Online Merchants
- Florida: "It's Not Disheartening, It's Disgusting": At Governor DeSantis' Roundtable Discussion, Physicians and Patients React to Federal Government Ending Access to COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Race of the Runways for Rotary 5k Run/Walk Fundraiser Scheduled for Feb. 26, 2022
- Pace Center for Girls announces auction lots for Believing in Girls Gala
- Sunshine Ace Hardware presents donations to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Orchid Island Capital to Announce Fourth Quarter 2021 Results
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- B.A.S.E. MISSION, LLC Secures Funding to Launch Industry Changing HEALTH INITIATIVE PLATFORM
- Tips for Preventing Rodent Infestations During Florida Cold Spells
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- eCapital Strengthens Alternative Finance Footprint with Portfolio Purchase of UMB Bank's Accounts Receivable Financing Division
- The Florida Forum to Welcome Tim McGraw on Feb. 16
- Zero Gravity Solutions, Inc.'s Announces the Publication of an Important Research Paper in the International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review