- Histria Books announces its newest imprint Prende Publishing
- Jacksonville: 7 Creeks Recreation Area
- BayCare Brings New HealthHub Concept to South Tampa
"Governor DeSantis and I are grateful for the opportunity to increase access to critical behavioral health services," said First Lady Casey DeSantis. "Through this program, one-on-one counseling will be readily available to those in crisis, ensuring they have the resources and support they need to address their own specific needs, recover fully, and begin to move forward with purpose."
More on The Floridant
- City, Jacksonville Bar Association Partner to Prevent Evictions and Foreclosures
- Better Together launches Hopeful 100 Club
- Staff Appreciation Celebration Recognizes Frontline Workers Serving Seniors at Palm Bay Memory Care
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Board of Psychology
Under the Federal Crisis Counseling Program Service Grant, DCF was awarded $4,994,530 to be utilized over the next nine months. This funding will expand the existing capacity of crisis counselors within twelve 2-1-1 providers, while promoting the availability of behavioral health services among vulnerable populations, including children and their caregivers, first responders and healthcare workers, and those grieving a loss. 2-1-1 providers will routinely connect individuals to resources, while conducting telephone counseling services and screening callers for indications of more long-term behavioral health needs.
"With recent increases in calls to 2-1-1 statewide, the need for behavioral health services is overwhelmingly apparent," said DCF Secretary Chad Poppell. "Thanks to support from Governor DeSantis, First Lady DeSantis, and our federal partners, Florida's children and families will have access to counseling and referral services they need to cope during this period of transition and recovery."
As stated under Chapter 408.918, Florida Statutes, Florida's 2-1-1 network is authorized to serve as the single point of coordination for information and referral for health and human services. Florida's Crisis Counseling Program provides counseling services in all 67 counties, including the Miccosukee tribe, through 2-1-1 providers.
Latest on The Floridant
- 3D HoloGroup Offers Free for the Holidays!
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Provides Update on COVID-19 Therapeutics and Vaccine Distribution Plan
- Former Miss Universe Serbia grows luxury accessory brand
- USPack Doubles Network Capacity to Help Key Retail Partners Scale for Unprecedented Peak Delivery Season
- The Bridge of Hearts Now Available in Paperback
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- North Florida Green Chamber of Commerce Supports 11th-annual Small Business Saturday®,
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Bradley Cherry, Thomas McCawley, Christine Bojaxhi and Jose Mellado to the Board of Dentistry
- Governor Ron DeSantis Selects Three Inductees to the Florida Women's Hall of Fame
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Peter Collins and Deborah Sargeant to the Florida State University Board of Trustees
- Unicorn Children's Foundation Launching Marketplace for Artisans with Special Needs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Ken Jones and Edward Haddock to the Board of Governors of the State University System
- sbe's Sam Nazarian Sells Remaining 50% Stake to Accor Hotels, Focuses on sbe's Innovative C3 Digital Platform and Full Ownership of sbe's Disruptive Group
- Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. Announces Financing for Newbuild Jones Act Barge
- Twelve Vacant Lots Available for Purchase in Private Island Community in Pensacola, FL
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Valerie's House Elects Five New Board Members
- Paper City Savings positions itself as a full-service community bank with Finastra's Fusion Phoenix core and Fusion Digital Banking
- Free Gift Concierge Service For Unique Gifts By Gifter World
- Jacksonville: City Offices and Facilities Closed for Thanksgiving