- Qwesty Plans to Eliminate Broker Commissions from Real Estate Transactions
- Crescent Joins NetSuite Alliance Partner Program
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Signs One Bill
Governor DeSantis emphasized the importance of protecting the Jewish community during a time of increased antisemitism around the world. "Today's funding will give Florida's Jewish Day Schools the tools they need to continue to keep their students safe," he stated.
Florida Commissioner of Education Manny Diaz, Jr. also praised Governor DeSantis' leadership in ensuring the safety of Jewish Day Schools. "Because of Governor DeSantis' bold leadership, Florida's Jewish Day Schools will be safer than ever before," he said.
More on The Floridant
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
- "Overdosing" America's Youth: The Dangerous Trend in Antidepressant Prescribing
- Cadre Holdings Completes Acquisition of Alpha Safety
- Reverse Mortgages in Sarasota, Florida: Florida's Best Reverse Mortgage Company Opens New Office in Sarasota
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
The decision to allocate additional funds for security measures comes after the October 7, 2023 terrorist attacks by Hamas on innocent Israeli civilians. In response, Governor DeSantis called a Special Legislative Session to address the protection of Florida's Jewish community and impose sanctions on Iran. As a result, legislation was signed providing an additional $25 million for Jewish Day Schools and $20 million for other Jewish institutions and houses of worship.
Governor DeSantis has taken several actions in support of Israel and Florida's Jewish community in recent months. These include sending passenger planes to rescue nearly 700 Americans from Israel immediately following the Hamas attack, directing the Florida Highway Patrol to protect Jewish Day Schools and synagogues across the state, delivering two cargo planes filled with donated supplies to Tel-Aviv at the request of hospitals and government agencies in Israel, and waiving certain transfer application requirements for Jewish students who fear persecution at their current postsecondary institution.
With these measures in place, Governor DeSantis is committed to ensuring the safety and security of Florida's Jewish community. The distribution amounts for each Jewish Day School can be found by clicking here.
Latest on The Floridant
- Ready for a Finger-Licking Good Time?
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- New Book Empowers Influencers and Journalists to Help Their Readers and Followers
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS At The Ben to Host Talk with Music about WPB's Legendary Sunset Lounge, April 1
- Larry Robbins and Longwood Hockey Acquire Palm Beach Ice Works and Palm Beach Breakers from Philanthropist Lori Alf USA - English USA - English
- Overseas Shipholding Group to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results on March 11, 2024
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Vetoes Two Bills
- Lee BIA Builders Care, Stevens Construction partner to rebuild home for Fort Myers family in need
- Better Together announces Nationwide Days of Second Chances on April 16 and 18
- Snowbird Technologies Hosts First Coast Manufacturers Association
- Upper FL Keys Spring Time Activities For The Whole Family
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Top Spring Time Must See & Do, Visiting Islamorada Key, FL
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Captiva Cruises to host wine tasting sunset cruises aboard the Lady Chadwick
- Invisors Ranks No. 3 on South Florida Business Journal's 2024 Best Places to Work
- 24 HOUR NOTARY, All Coconut Creek, Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, Pompano Beach, & Boca Raton
- Astrana Health, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Problem Solving Champions Compete for International Title