- DCOTA Invites Design Professionals & Industry Insiders to SUMMER REFRESH MARKET, August 18
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Tint World as a New Platinum Member
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes back Soto Law Group, P.A. Platinum
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Today, First Lady Casey DeSantis unveiled Florida Cancer Connect, an initiative that focuses on providing information on cancer treatment, caregiver tools, and stories from brave Floridians who have fought this disease on one centralized website. First Lady DeSantis was joined by Florida Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Simone Marstiller, Dr. Scot Ackerman, MD, and Floridian cancer survivors to launch this initiative. The website is located at flcancerconnect.com.
"When I was going through my cancer fight, I saw the need for a centralized hub that housed everything patients and caretakers could need while dealing with this disease," said First Lady Casey DeSantis. "Florida Cancer Connect arms Floridians with valuable knowledge while instilling hope into the lives of those facing cancer by sharing positive survivor stories. Our mission with this website is simple – make the cancer battle easier and instill hope in those fighting."
More on The Floridant
- Diamond Bridal Gallery Celebrates Its 16th Anniversary
- Registration open for Oct. 6 Climate & Community Summit
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes back Taste of Style Catering INC Platinum
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes Caraballo Security Solutions as Platinum member
- Jay Menger Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
Florida is second in the nation for newly diagnosed cancer cases. First Lady DeSantis is committed to supporting those facing cancer and promoting the world-class care Florida offers cancer patients. No matter how cancer is affecting someone, support is available for them and can be found at the Florida Cancer Connect webpage.
The Florida Cancer Connect website, which is continuing to grow, offers current tools that help Floridians:
- Understand cancer research and prevention programs,
- Locate a health care provider specializing in cancer care,
- Navigate the complexities of cancer related insurance coverage,
- Obtain caregiver resources, and
- Hear from the brave Floridians who have fought this disease.
"Floridians across our state have been impacted by cancer in some way, whether it be from their own battle or that of a loved one. Florida Cancer Connect will serve as an excellent resource for all Florida families to find the knowledge, help, and support they need no matter where they are in their cancer journey," said Agency for Health Care Administration Secretary Simone Marstiller. "I applaud First Lady Casey DeSantis for embracing her own personal battle and using that experience to improve the life of every Floridian."
More on The Floridant
- Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent Promotes Luxury Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Regent Surgical Health and Ascension Texas Joint Venture on The Orthopedic Surgery Center of Central Texas
- Arizona Pest Control To Support Local High School Sports And Education Programs
- Publix Pharmacy Now Offers Curbside Pickup in Select Stores
- Governor Ron DeSantis Awards Nearly $1.6 Million to Tallahassee Community College Through the Florida Job Growth Grant Fund
"For over 30 years I have had the opportunity to serve our community by treating cancer patients and I am joined here today by our incredible staff and former patients who are really resilient cancer survivors," said Dr. Scot Ackerman, MD. "Cancer screening plays a crucial role in preventing cancer and diagnosing cancer early. Diagnosing cancer early makes it easier to treat and gives us as a better chance to cure our patients. Today we heard about improvements in access to cancer treatment options and access to cancer resources and these will lead to better outcomes for all Floridians."
Survivor stories will be added to the website's "Letters of Strength" section over time to continue to provide hope to Floridians battling the disease. Floridians interested in sharing their survivor story can reach out via email to: email@example.com.
Florida Cancer Connect provides Floridians with information on cancer care, detection, prevention, research, and treatment. This hub highlights various tools to fight this battle including nation-wide statistics, prevention materials, and event opportunities to bring greater awareness to cancer in the state of Florida and beyond.
Latest on The Floridant
- InventHelp Inventors Develop New Accessory for Sippy Cups (HAD-161)
- Valerie's House Awards $50,000 in College Scholarships
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes BellWether Insurance Group. as a Platinum member
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes Residence Inn Miami Northwest as a Platinum member
- Avow offers free lunch and learn sessions on estate planning and eldercare coordination in August
- Cassie Slota joins Advanced Aesthetic Solutions
- Advocate Radiation Oncology expands with West Palm Beach location
- Potomac's Model Strategies Joins FMAX and Amplify Platforms
- Unprecedented Stress Levels Reveal Productivity Loss in the Billions; ASCEND Method Enters the Market
- Tech Luminary Adrian Cockcroft Joins OrionX as Partner
- Jai-Alai's Greatest Talents Face Off at the U.S. National Jai-Alai Championship
- Nomorobo Assists Urgent FCC and Carrier Efforts to Crack Down on Auto Warranty Scam Robocalls
- MarineMax To Acquire IGY Marinas Significantly Expanding Global Marina and Services Business
- Tribute to Women and Girls in the ongoing fight to end Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Rev. Melvin Dawson - The Return
- Redwire Corporation to Report Second Quarter 2022 Results on August 10, 2022
- Diedra Harrison-Greenaway launches new book titled: The Blueprint: A Guide Towards Cannabis Business Ownership
- HGreg Nissan Kendall Earns Double Recognition From Nissan – Nissan Award of Excellence, Nissan Global Award Winner 2022
- New Patio Furniture Repair Service Pensacola
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes back Nova University Platinum