- Histria Books announces its newest imprint Prende Publishing
- Jacksonville: 7 Creeks Recreation Area
- BayCare Brings New HealthHub Concept to South Tampa
Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville and the PNC Foundation have joined forces to support the JAX Arts Project, a new program for individual artists living in Northeast Florida working on community-based projects resulting in pieces of art that reflect the unprecedented current social environment.
"The JAX Arts Project will take into account the challenges of creating and presenting art works in the time of COVID-19," said Jannet Walker-Ford, chair of the Cultural Council's board of directors. "The Cultural Council is thrilled to work with PNC on this new grant-making program for our local artists."
Grant submissions must take place in Greater Jacksonville between Dec. 15, 2020, and June 30, 2021, and must incorporate social distancing measures to view or experience the artwork due to COVID-19. Deadline to submit online applications is Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020.
"By funding quality arts programming, we help to showcase the artistic talent and creativity of the next generation, while contributing to the $4 billion arts and culture industry in Florida," said Brian Bucher, PNC regional president for Port Cities. "We also know how critical economic support is to local artists during these exceptional times."
More on The Floridant
- City, Jacksonville Bar Association Partner to Prevent Evictions and Foreclosures
- Better Together launches Hopeful 100 Club
- Staff Appreciation Celebration Recognizes Frontline Workers Serving Seniors at Palm Bay Memory Care
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Four to the Board of Psychology
For more information, including detailed grant guidelines, visit the Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville.
PNC Foundation: The PNC Foundation, which receives its principal funding from The PNC Financial Services Group (www.pnc.com), actively supports organizations that provide services for the benefit of communities in which it has a significant presence. The foundation focuses its philanthropic mission on early childhood education and community and economic development, which includes the arts and culture. Through Grow Up Great, its signature cause that began in 2004, PNC has created a bilingual $500 million, multi-year initiative to help prepare children from birth to age 5 for success in school and life.
The Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville, Inc.: The Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville, Inc. serves as the local arts agency for Duval County. Founded in 1973, its mission is to enrich life in Northeast Florida by investing in arts and culture. The Cultural Council stewards the City of Jacksonville's annual appropriation to the arts, manages its Art in Public Places program, contributes to economic vitality through arts and cultural initiatives, and leads advocacy efforts to demonstrate the impact and significance of arts and culture in the community.
Latest on The Floridant
- 3D HoloGroup Offers Free for the Holidays!
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Provides Update on COVID-19 Therapeutics and Vaccine Distribution Plan
- Former Miss Universe Serbia grows luxury accessory brand
- USPack Doubles Network Capacity to Help Key Retail Partners Scale for Unprecedented Peak Delivery Season
- The Bridge of Hearts Now Available in Paperback
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- North Florida Green Chamber of Commerce Supports 11th-annual Small Business Saturday®,
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Bradley Cherry, Thomas McCawley, Christine Bojaxhi and Jose Mellado to the Board of Dentistry
- Governor Ron DeSantis Selects Three Inductees to the Florida Women's Hall of Fame
- Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Peter Collins and Deborah Sargeant to the Florida State University Board of Trustees
- Unicorn Children's Foundation Launching Marketplace for Artisans with Special Needs
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Appoints Ken Jones and Edward Haddock to the Board of Governors of the State University System
- sbe's Sam Nazarian Sells Remaining 50% Stake to Accor Hotels, Focuses on sbe's Innovative C3 Digital Platform and Full Ownership of sbe's Disruptive Group
- Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. Announces Financing for Newbuild Jones Act Barge
- Twelve Vacant Lots Available for Purchase in Private Island Community in Pensacola, FL
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Valerie's House Elects Five New Board Members
- Paper City Savings positions itself as a full-service community bank with Finastra's Fusion Phoenix core and Fusion Digital Banking
- Free Gift Concierge Service For Unique Gifts By Gifter World
- Jacksonville: City Offices and Facilities Closed for Thanksgiving