- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces $25 Million for Workforce Development Initiatives
Punk in Residence is designed to encourage creative experimentation, giving artists the freedom to interpret the concept of "Punk" from their own perspective using any medium they choose. Through this program, artists will have access to next-generation technology and technical expertise from Yuga Labs to bring their creations onto the blockchain, pushing the boundaries of culture and code.
Natalie Stone, General Manager of CryptoPunks, spoke about the inspiration behind this program, stating that "the original CryptoPunks collection remains unalterable and undeniable in its impact, with experimentation as a core part of its DNA." She also emphasized the responsibility of Yuga Labs to expand the potential and reach of art on the blockchain while amplifying new voices. Stone expressed excitement for their first artist collaboration with Nina Chanel Abney, describing her as having an "undeniable curiosity, genre-defying work, and punk spirit."
More on The Floridant
- Crescent Joins NetSuite Alliance Partner Program
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- B.E.S.T.'s New IAR Course Help Advisers Fulfill Mandatory 12-hour IAR CE Requirements
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
Abney's work is known for capturing the fast-paced nature of contemporary culture and has been featured in collections around the world. Her exploration of identity, race, celebrity, religion, politics, and sex will be reflected in her residency as she examines self-fashioning within digital identity.
Abney herself expressed enthusiasm for this collaboration with CryptoPunks: "Cryptopunks are a pioneering project that has played a crucial role in the creation of the digital collectible space. By collaborating with them, I saw an opportunity to be at the center of a unique intersection of art, technology and culture." As a recognition for her role in piloting this initiative, Abney was gifted Punk #72 by CryptoPunks.
Chris Lyons, President of web3 media, a16z crypto, also shared his thoughts on Abney's appointment as the inaugural artist in residence: "Nina Chanel Abney's appointment as Cryptopunks' inaugural artist in residence signals another historic moment in the convergence of culture and innovation within the crypto community." He praised Abney's interest in blockchain technology as a medium for artistic expression and believes it will continue to drive artistic innovation within the NFT space.
More on The Floridant
- One Park Financial se asocia con Boys & Girls Club para el embellecimiento del Club Noroeste
- One Park Financial Demonstrates Ongoing Commitment to Community through Impactful Partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Miami-Dade
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- Big Deals, Big Flavors: Sonny's BBQ Introduces Newest Big Deal Lineup
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
Abney and CryptoPunks plan to exhibit their joint collection at Abney's upcoming solo exhibition later this year. The collection will then be available for sale to the public on Magic Eden, the only marketplace that honors creator royalties. In line with CryptoPunks' ethos of championing and sustaining artistry in a fair and rewarding ecosystem, Abney and subsequent participating artists will share equally with Yuga Labs in the financial success of their digital releases.
The Punk in Residence program aims to engage with two artists per year for a residency. It welcomes diverse collaborators from various artistic backgrounds, with no requirement for a web3 background. The program will highlight artists who use unconventional and inventive techniques. Participating artists can work from anywhere and will receive ongoing mentorship, technical guidance, and production support from Yuga Labs and the CryptoPunks team as they create new works of art. For more information on this program, visit https://hub.cryptopunks.app/punk-in-residence.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- ICYMI: Florida Welcomes Israeli Technology Companies for Pitch Day at the Capital
- Passengers Sue Boeing and Alaska Airlines After Panel Blows Out
- Maryland Office Of The Medical Examiner Cremates Woman Without Permission Depriving Her Two Grieving Sons Of An Opportunity To Say Goodbye
- Stratum Nutrition® Expands Portfolio with Acquisition of Sage Ingredient
- Quest Diagnostics to Speak at the Barclays 26th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- Women's Breast & Heart Initiative Launches Living for Longevity-A Podcast Designed to Help you Live Your Best Life
- Florida's Nonprofit State Association and Association of Grantmakers Elevate Florida's Nonprofit and Philanthropic Community
- Palm Beach Photographic Centre is Presenting I SAW by Photojournalist David Burnett
- Deal Closer Wanda Collins with London Foster Realty Gets Homes Sold Fast
- Total Care Auto Body: A Los Angeles Body Shop Focused on Excellence is Ready to Serve Angelenos
- Cellphone Catastrophe? Don't Drop the Call! Satellite Phone Store Lifts You Off the Grounded Grid
- EvereTech Wins Records Management Contract Supporting Florida Ecological Services Office
- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- Warrior Homes of Collier dedicates Patriot Garden Courtyard at newly opened Delta House
- Governor Ron DeSantis Brings Accountability to the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
- Top Rated Micro Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs
- Tommy's Girl Hair Co. Opens First Couture Hair House in North Dallas
- Moss Celebrates Groundbreaking of Cipriani Residences Miami – Brickell's Tallest Tower
- Tone Commander Launches DOD-Certified, Push-to-Talk, Secure SIP Phones
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County names Kaliyah Stephens as 2024 Youth of the Year