- Florida Southern College To Host Virtual 12th Annual Dr. John L. Spencer Symposium
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards $10 Million to Sarasota for Community Storm Resiliency and Mitigation
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
"On behalf of my brother David and I, we are thrilled to take the next step in our journey and partner with GrowthCurve Capital," said Michael Miller, co-founder of Brightway Insurance. "Our goal has always been to ensure the company – and everyone associated with it – reaches its potential. We strongly believe that GrowthCurve is the right partner for Brightway to create a Win, Win, Win for franchisees, customers and team members, and take the business to the next level given the firm's unique model of combining functional expertise with deep investment and industry experience."
Brothers David and Michael Miller invented the "you sell, we service" model in the insurance agency space and began franchising the concept as Brightway Insurance in 2008. Today, Brightway is the most-recognized insurance franchise system and one of the largest personal lines insurance agencies in the U.S. With more than 331 franchises in 29 states, the company manages nearly $900 million of annualized written premiums.
GrowthCurve Capital is a unique, control-oriented, private equity firm focused on building world-class businesses by leveraging data, analytics and machine learning, combined with a comprehensive approach to human capital, to accelerate growth and drive value creation.
Under the new partnership, the Millers will continue to hold significant minority ownership of the company. Michael Miller will join David Miller on the board of directors, and together they will work closely with GrowthCurve in setting the strategic vision for Brightway to accelerate the company's growth.
Effective immediately, Mark Cantin, GrowthCurve's lead operating executive in insurance distribution, becomes the new president and CEO of Brightway Insurance. Cantin had been working closely with GrowthCurve over the last several months to identify high growth insurance distribution businesses that ultimately resulted in this partnership.
More on The Floridant
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Coke Florida to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for Inaugural Jim Thorpe Golf Invitational Hosted by United Golfers Association
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
"I'm honored and excited to lead Brightway and help fulfill the vision of it becoming a tech-enabled, turnkey provider for the insurance franchisee of the future, while offering choice, flexibility and a seamless experience for our customers," said Cantin. "I have a long history working with the GrowthCurve team and look forward to partnering with them, and David and Michael Miller, in the next phase of the Brightway journey."
An industry veteran, Cantin brings more than 30 years of experience in both insurance distribution and underwriting to the position. Prior to joining GrowthCurve, Cantin was a member of the executive committee and president of field operations at QBE North America, a division of QBE Insurance Group, one of the 20 largest global insurance and reinsurance companies. Prior to joining QBE, Cantin was chief marketing officer at USI Insurance, one of the largest and fastest growing domestic brokers.
"We have been very impressed with what David, Michael and the Brightway team have built. The company pioneered the franchisor model in the insurance space and has generated attractive outcomes for its franchisees, customers and carrier partners," said Sumit Rajpal, founder and CEO, GrowthCurve Capital. "We seek to accelerate the company's growth trajectory by leveraging the company's rich data assets and our expertise in AI, data enablement and digital transformation to introduce new solutions and capabilities to our franchisees and customers and to scale the platform nationally."
"We see a tremendous opportunity to deploy technology to further enhance the franchisee and customer experience, including simplifying the insurance sales process to allow franchisees to scale their businesses more quickly," said Magnus Helgason, principal at GrowthCurve Capital.
J.P. Morgan Securities LLC served as the exclusive financial advisor to Brightway in the transaction. Smith Hulsey & Busey served as legal counsel to Brightway; Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP served as legal counsel to GrowthCurve. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
About Brightway Insurance
Brightway Insurance is a national property/casualty insurance distribution company with nearly $900 million in annualized written premium, making it one of the largest personal lines agencies in the U.S.
More on The Floridant
- Arrow Rehab Welcomes Dianna Pucci to St. Augustine Office
- Statement from Majestic Steel
- J-Rob Releases His Music Video, "God's Got Me ft. LeeLee"
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- James Stephens Elementary offering personal tours on Feb. 9
Brightway's focus is on producing Win, Win, Win outcomes for consumers by offering customized insurance solutions and for people wishing to sell insurance by providing business opportunities that span from single agent to multi-unit enterprises. Regardless of the path taken, Brightway provides the support necessary to consistently outsell other insurance agents.
Consumers seeking a better insurance buying experience may visit Brightway.com, and people wishing to learn more about franchise ownership with Brightway may visit BrightwayDifference.com.
About GrowthCurve Capital
GrowthCurve Capital is a private equity firm focused on building world-class businesses by leveraging data, analytics, and machine learning, combined with a comprehensive approach to human capital, to accelerate growth and drive value creation. Founded by Sumit Rajpal, former global co-head of the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division, the firm focuses on control-oriented private equity investments primarily across the financial and information services, healthcare, and technology sectors. For more information, please visit GrowthCurveCapital.com and follow the firm on LinkedIn.
Courtney Heidelberg, Brightway, 904-405-1883
Kathy Phelps, Pinckney Hugo Group, 585-750-0248
Dan Gagnier / Jeffrey Mathews, Gagnier Communications, 646-569-5897
SOURCE Brightway Insurance
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Orlando Magic Fans Revel In Double Dose Of 360 Hoops At Home Game Against Chicago
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Romanians and Hungarians by C. Sassu, now available from Histria Books
- Cresco Labs Expands Sunnyside in Florida's Gulf Coast With New Clearwater Dispensary
- Eagle Eye selected by US food retailer, Giant Eagle, to support loyalty and personalisation transformation
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Global Paytech Ventures invests in PeachPay's Superior One-Click Checkout for Online Merchants
- Florida: "It's Not Disheartening, It's Disgusting": At Governor DeSantis' Roundtable Discussion, Physicians and Patients React to Federal Government Ending Access to COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Race of the Runways for Rotary 5k Run/Walk Fundraiser Scheduled for Feb. 26, 2022
- Pace Center for Girls announces auction lots for Believing in Girls Gala
- Sunshine Ace Hardware presents donations to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Orchid Island Capital to Announce Fourth Quarter 2021 Results
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- B.A.S.E. MISSION, LLC Secures Funding to Launch Industry Changing HEALTH INITIATIVE PLATFORM
- Tips for Preventing Rodent Infestations During Florida Cold Spells
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- eCapital Strengthens Alternative Finance Footprint with Portfolio Purchase of UMB Bank's Accounts Receivable Financing Division
- The Florida Forum to Welcome Tim McGraw on Feb. 16
- Zero Gravity Solutions, Inc.'s Announces the Publication of an Important Research Paper in the International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review