"We are excited to enter the Irish wireless infrastructure market and partner with eir on such an important transaction. The global pandemic related to COVID-19 has impacted all of our communities and highlights the importance of wireless infrastructure to support global trade, commerce and social connections. This will not diminish as economies rebound in the coming months and years ahead," stated Dagan Kasavana, Chief Executive Officer of Phoenix Tower International.
More on The Floridant
- Benefits of Getting New Employee Badges Made Quick During COVID-19
- Factors for Choosing the Right Online Name Badge Maker for All Your Needs
- Owlcam Announces New Leadership to Make Sure "Always-On Car Security" Stays On
- ASAP Systems Donates its Inventory System to help Children in Need
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
"Ireland represents an important economic hub for Europe and the world and we are proud to support eir on their ongoing build-outs across the country. This transaction further expands PTI's global footprint and we are excited to be a long-term partner of eir," said Tim Culver, Executive Chairman of Phoenix Tower International.
"We are excited to partner with eir to deliver improved wireless connectivity to its customers. This transaction exemplifies Phoenix's strategy of entering into growth markets as a partner to top-tier wireless carriers," said Jasvinder Khaira, a Senior Managing Director in Blackstone Tactical Opportunities. "Phoenix is committed to growing in Europe and finding opportunities to support carriers and usher in the 5G technology revolution."
About Phoenix Tower International
Phoenix Tower International ("Phoenix") owns, operates and proforma for this transaction will have in excess of 9,000 towers, 986 km of fiber and over 80,000 other wireless infrastructure and related sites throughout the United States, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Ireland, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, and Peru.
More on The Floridant
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction Between DevelopScripts LLC and Awection Inc
- 2020 Treasure Coast Seafood Festival – Hutchinson Island
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Leadership NEXT to review the 'State of Lee County' at Aug. 11 virtual program
Phoenix was founded in 2013 with a mission to be a premier site provider to wireless operators across the Americas in high-growth markets. Phoenix's investors include funds managed by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities and John Hancock, as well as various members of the management team. For more information, please visit www.phoenixintnl.com.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Arthur Cox acted as legal advisors to PTI.
eir is the largest provider of fixed line telecommunications services in Ireland, offering broadband, voice, TV, and data services to residential, small business, enterprise and government segments.
eir is the third largest mobile operator in Ireland in terms of revenue and customers. The company operates the eir mobile and GoMo services.
eir's wholesale division, open eir, is the largest wholesale telecommunications operator in Ireland, providing products and services to national and international wholesale customers across a range of regulated and unregulated markets.
The Group generated total revenue of €1.249 billion and adjusted EBITDA of €578 million for the year ended 30 June 2019.
SOURCE Phoenix Tower International
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- Jacksonville Veterans Groups Agree to Hemming Park Re-Naming Compromise
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- CARBONELL AWARDS Announces Winners in First Virtual Ceremony
- Mission Fat Hearts Movie Campaign Hopes to Inspire Ripples of Kindness That Turn Into Waves
- Wellfit Girls announces new leadership transition
- Fort Myers Brewing Company releases a limited-edition Pilsner to benefit boy battling cancer
- Healthy Lee launches Teacher Appreciation Contest
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida receives grant from the Community Foundation for $5,000
- Fort Myers Financial Advisor earns national recognition for philanthropy
- Bugly Launches Do-It-Yourself Natural Pest Control Service that Is Simple and Safe
- Medicare do you Review your coverage's annually - MedicareInfoUSA
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- Trilogy Laboratories launches home facial kit to keep skin glowing during COVID
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Exclusive Series Screening: Toni Thai Has Us Step Into The Girl's Room with "Potty Break"
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- Business lawyer David Steinfeld named Avvo Top Rated Lawyer 2020
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership