- Florida Southern College To Host Virtual 12th Annual Dr. John L. Spencer Symposium
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Awards $10 Million to Sarasota for Community Storm Resiliency and Mitigation
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel
Junior at Moody Bible Institute: Music-Worship and Media Arts
BioMatrix Ron Neiderman Memorial Scholarship
At an early age, Luke learned that having hemophilia can present a host of obstacles, such as the pain that comes with bleeding episodes, infusing, and being teased by other kids. Luke accepted these challenges and grew resilient. His life lessons taught him to communicate about his bleeding disorder and advocate for himself, to be creatively adaptable, and to appreciate the sacrifices of his mentors in the community. "These obstacles, hard as they were, prepared me for life, which has been influenced by hemophilia in three major ways: resilience, leadership, and hope for the future." Congratulations, Luke!
Doctoral Degree at University of California Riverside School of Medicine
BioMatrix Joe Holibaugh Memorial Scholarship
Jarett embraces his hemophilia wholeheartedly – looking past the negative and strictly focusing on the positive influences of his bleeding disorder. He has a deep appreciation for the community friendships he's made, the lessons he's learned and the experiences he's had that have all influenced his life goals. "I aspire to be a pediatric hematologist because of my experiences with hemophilia. From being my guiding force towards studying to being physically active and to finally being accepted into medical school, hemophilia has made a beneficial impact on my life." Congratulations, Jarett!
More on The Floridant
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Coke Florida to Serve as Presenting Sponsor for Inaugural Jim Thorpe Golf Invitational Hosted by United Golfers Association
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
Junior at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience
BioMatrix Mark Coats Memorial Scholarship
Circumstances were not easy early in Luke's life when he was diagnosed with severe hemophilia. Born in China, he was placed for adoption and spent 9 years at an orphanage experiencing severe pain and subpar medical treatment. Adopted at age 10 and coming to the US, life became much better as did his health. "Hemophilia has greatly influenced my life in various ways. I've developed empathy, compassion, and care for others. I am also optimistic for the future, as I believe that I am capable of achieving anything if I work very hard. Having hemophilia gives me a sense of purpose to do good things in the world." Congratulations, Luke!
Sophomore at Utica College: Physical Therapy
BioMatrix Tim Kennedy Memorial Scholarship
Steven makes no bones about the challenges of living with severe hemophilia; however, he has a confidence that does not allow him to be defined or limited by its so-called "disadvantage." He's a fighter and has a healthy sense of humbleness! "Living with a bleeding disorder doesn't make me special. I have never wanted to be looked at as the kid who will die from a papercut or the kid who has to walk around with bubble wrap on. Everybody has their struggles. Luckily, mine pushed me to be successful in life. So, in a weird way, I am very thankful for hemophilia." Congratulations, Steven!
Laikyn Dae Tyson
Freshman at North Carolina State: Criminology
BioMatrix Millie Gonzalez Memorial Scholarship
Born into an energetic family, Laikyn was just as physically active and athletic as her brothers. However, her diagnosis of hemophilia and anemia had her parents, doctors and even her friends worrying over her and encouraging her to be more careful. Laikyn initially pushed back and rebelled against the notion of having to be more cautious. However, after a significant health scare, she came to understand the importance, "I realized I did need to be more careful. I could not ignore my disease any longer. I came to the conclusion that just because I have to "be careful" does not mean I have to give up my life." Congratulations, Laikyn!
More on The Floridant
- Arrow Rehab Welcomes Dianna Pucci to St. Augustine Office
- Statement from Majestic Steel
- J-Rob Releases His Music Video, "God's Got Me ft. LeeLee"
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- James Stephens Elementary offering personal tours on Feb. 9
Clinical Doctorate at Ohio State University: Physical Therapy
BioMatrix Mike Hylton Memorial Scholarship
When Timothy was diagnosed with von Willebrand disease at age 5, fearing an injury, his parents were protective and limited his physical activities. This caused him to be fearful of participating in typical childhood activities such as playtime and recess at school. Through years of interacting with doctors and physical therapists, Timothy gained an understanding of his bleeding disorder and became a competitive swimmer in high school and college. This inspired him to become a physical therapist, "My long-term career goal is to work with children who face barriers to exercise like I did, so I can help them regain a sense of autonomy in their lives." Congratulations, Timothy!
For more information on BioMatrix Specialty Pharmacy and the services we provide, please visit www.biomatrixsprx.com.
About BioMatrix Specialty Pharmacy
BioMatrix Specialty Pharmacy, an Inc. 5000 company, offers comprehensive, nationwide specialty pharmacy services and digital health technology solutions for patients with chronic, difficult to treat conditions. Our commitment to every patient is to provide individualized pharmacy services, timely access to care, and focused education and support. We offer a tailored approach for a wide range of therapeutic categories, improving health and empowering patients to experience a higher quality of life.
Tara Marchese, Corporate Director of Marketing - BioMatrix Specialty Pharmacy
SOURCE BioMatrix Specialty Pharmacy
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- Orlando Magic Fans Revel In Double Dose Of 360 Hoops At Home Game Against Chicago
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Romanians and Hungarians by C. Sassu, now available from Histria Books
- Cresco Labs Expands Sunnyside in Florida's Gulf Coast With New Clearwater Dispensary
- Eagle Eye selected by US food retailer, Giant Eagle, to support loyalty and personalisation transformation
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Global Paytech Ventures invests in PeachPay's Superior One-Click Checkout for Online Merchants
- Florida: "It's Not Disheartening, It's Disgusting": At Governor DeSantis' Roundtable Discussion, Physicians and Patients React to Federal Government Ending Access to COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Race of the Runways for Rotary 5k Run/Walk Fundraiser Scheduled for Feb. 26, 2022
- Pace Center for Girls announces auction lots for Believing in Girls Gala
- Sunshine Ace Hardware presents donations to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Orchid Island Capital to Announce Fourth Quarter 2021 Results
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- B.A.S.E. MISSION, LLC Secures Funding to Launch Industry Changing HEALTH INITIATIVE PLATFORM
- Tips for Preventing Rodent Infestations During Florida Cold Spells
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- eCapital Strengthens Alternative Finance Footprint with Portfolio Purchase of UMB Bank's Accounts Receivable Financing Division
- The Florida Forum to Welcome Tim McGraw on Feb. 16
- Zero Gravity Solutions, Inc.'s Announces the Publication of an Important Research Paper in the International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review