- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- Florida: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces $25 Million for Workforce Development Initiatives
This marks the sixth destination in The Bahamas that American Airlines will be servicing, with other routes including North Eleuthera, Nassau, New Providence, Freeport, Grand Bahama, George Town, Exuma, and Marsh Harbour, Abaco.
In a ribbon-cutting ceremony held at both Miami and Governor's Harbour airports, Deputy Prime Minister I. Chester Cooper and Minister of Works and Family Island Affairs Hon. Clay Sweeting joined American Airlines and Governor's Harbour Airport executives to celebrate the inaugural flight.
Deputy Prime Minister Cooper emphasized the significance of this new nonstop service as a testament to the strong partnership between The Bahamas and industry leaders. He also highlighted the growing demand for travel to The Bahamas Out Islands.
More on The Floridant
- Crescent Joins NetSuite Alliance Partner Program
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- B.E.S.T.'s New IAR Course Help Advisers Fulfill Mandatory 12-hour IAR CE Requirements
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
"This new airlift is a clear demonstration of our holistic approach and unwavering commitment to aggressively expand air travel into all 16 of our island destinations," said Cooper. "We are proud to offer a diverse and authentic experience for travelers in partnership with our industry partners and airlines like American Airlines. We look forward to fostering continued partnerships and providing an unforgettable Bahamas experience for travelers with this new route."
Governor's Harbour Airport has recently undergone expansions and upgrades to its Departures and Arrivals Terminals as well as improvements to its fire station. These infrastructural improvements align with the government's commitment to upgrading island airports under the Family Islands Renaissance Initiative outlined in The National Aviation Strategic Plan.
"We are excited to launch our sixth destination in The Bahamas - Governor's Harbour - further solidifying our commitment to this unspoiled paradise," said José María Giraldo, American Airlines Managing Director of Operations for Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America. "This new route is a significant step as we continue to expand American's presence in the Caribbean and Atlantic regions, where we are proud to lead as the largest U.S. airline. With this new destination, we will now be offering up to 30 peak-day flights to The Bahamas, playing a vital role in the country's travel and tourism industry."
More on The Floridant
- One Park Financial se asocia con Boys & Girls Club para el embellecimiento del Club Noroeste
- One Park Financial Demonstrates Ongoing Commitment to Community through Impactful Partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Miami-Dade
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- Big Deals, Big Flavors: Sonny's BBQ Introduces Newest Big Deal Lineup
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
During the ceremony, American Airlines executives were presented with a special ceremonial gift to commemorate their longstanding relationship with The Islands of The Bahamas.
The direct service will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays from Miami to Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera. Travelers can learn more about this new route and the destination by visiting aa.com or bahamas.com for more information. This exciting addition of nonstop service between Miami and Governor's Harbour is just one of many efforts by The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments & Aviation to enhance airlift connectivity and provide an unforgettable experience for travelers visiting The Bahamas Out Islands.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Floridant
- ICYMI: Florida Welcomes Israeli Technology Companies for Pitch Day at the Capital
- Passengers Sue Boeing and Alaska Airlines After Panel Blows Out
- Maryland Office Of The Medical Examiner Cremates Woman Without Permission Depriving Her Two Grieving Sons Of An Opportunity To Say Goodbye
- Stratum Nutrition® Expands Portfolio with Acquisition of Sage Ingredient
- Quest Diagnostics to Speak at the Barclays 26th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- Women's Breast & Heart Initiative Launches Living for Longevity-A Podcast Designed to Help you Live Your Best Life
- Florida's Nonprofit State Association and Association of Grantmakers Elevate Florida's Nonprofit and Philanthropic Community
- Palm Beach Photographic Centre is Presenting I SAW by Photojournalist David Burnett
- Deal Closer Wanda Collins with London Foster Realty Gets Homes Sold Fast
- Total Care Auto Body: A Los Angeles Body Shop Focused on Excellence is Ready to Serve Angelenos
- Cellphone Catastrophe? Don't Drop the Call! Satellite Phone Store Lifts You Off the Grounded Grid
- EvereTech Wins Records Management Contract Supporting Florida Ecological Services Office
- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- Warrior Homes of Collier dedicates Patriot Garden Courtyard at newly opened Delta House
- Governor Ron DeSantis Brings Accountability to the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
- Top Rated Micro Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs
- Tommy's Girl Hair Co. Opens First Couture Hair House in North Dallas
- Moss Celebrates Groundbreaking of Cipriani Residences Miami – Brickell's Tallest Tower
- Tone Commander Launches DOD-Certified, Push-to-Talk, Secure SIP Phones
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County names Kaliyah Stephens as 2024 Youth of the Year